At Propelis we have training sessions every Saturday. We believe in continuous improvement. Both as a Company and as individuals. After brainstorming and long discussion with our Advisory Board Member Mr. Abhishek we have noted 9 things which should be followed for a successful career or for building a successful company. This blog is the first of many to follow as to what to do in 2014.
Why are only few successful but not others? You don’t know? You are not alone. At Propelis each and every individual believes that its not WHO you are but WHAT you do determines how successful you become.
So here are 9 principles we follow at our office and in our individual work spheres:
1. We Get Specific. When we set a goal, we are as specific as possible. “Complete Ten Tasks Today” is a better goal than “Do Your Work,” because it gives you a clear idea of what success looks like. SET SMART Goals. Goals should be: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time Bound. Knowing exactly what you want to achieve keeps you motivated until you get there.
2. We Seize The Moment To Act On Our Goals. Kaal kare so aaj kar, aaj kare so ab. I don’t have to stress it any further.
3. We Know Exactly How Far We Have Left To Go. Our Advisor tells us: Plan --> Do--> Check --> Act. The PDCA Rule. Regular monitoring helps. Its essential. Monitoring will tell you where you are and what needs to be done. Monotoring could be daily, weekly or monthly depending on the goal.
4. We are realistic and Optimistic. When we are setting a goal, by all means we engage in lots of positive thinking about how likely we are to achieve it. But whatever we do, we never underestimate how difficult it will be to reach our goal. Most goals worth achieving require time, planning, effort, and persistence. This is really important.
5. We Focus On Getting Better, Rather Than Being Good. Believing you have the ability to reach your goals is important, but so is believing you can get the ability. Many of us believe that our intelligence, our personality, and our physical aptitudes are fixed — that no matter what we do, we won’t improve. As a result, we focus on goals that are all about proving ourselves, rather than developing and acquiring new skills.
6. We Have Grit. Grit is a willingness to commit to long-term goals, and to persist in the face of difficulty. Team Propelis develops grit to achieve our goals. Isnt this very important for success?
7. We Are Building Our Willpower. Willpower is important. Develop it.
8. We Don’t Tempt Fate. No matter how strong our willpower becomes, it’s important to always respect the fact that it is limited, and if we overtax it we will temporarily run out of steam.
9. We Focus On What We Will Do, Not What We Wont Do.
It is our hope that, after reading about the nine things successful people do differently, you have gained some insight into all the things you have been doing right all along. Please let us know your thoughts regarding these. Stay tuned for further info into things to do in 2014.